Friday, December 20, 2019

Knives Out

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1f/Knives_Out_poster.jpeg

First off, we have the story which has a detective investigates the death of a patriarch of an eccentric, combative family. I thought the story was very entertaining and the way the writing kept you guessing right till the end at a consistent pace hooked me straight away. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were all very well acted and given the types of characters they were playing with the motives they might have they all become interesting suspects. Daniel Craig's detective surprised me, one because it was nice to see him in a different role but how he worked off the cast made the film more entertaining. 

As for the film's visuals I thought, I thought the cinematography was great especially some of the lighting choices and camera placements brought you into the house and the mystery within. Moving onto the tone of the film which does a good job at unnerving you at you start to piece what truly happened and who was responsible. I thought the soundtrack of the film worked very well and suited the style the director was going for in terms of the tracks going with what was happening on screen at a given time. 

I give Knives Out a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment