Sunday, February 16, 2020

Parasite

The Official Poster of Parasite.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasite_(2019_film)#/media/File:Parasite_(2019_film).png

First off, we have the story which has a poor family, the Kim's, con their way into becoming the servants of a rich family, the Parks. But their easy life gets complicated when their deception is threatened with exposure. I thought the story was very complex and thrilling with it's themes and kept me guessing as it progressed. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were portrayed in an interesting way because even though what the Kim's are doing is wrong they aren't made out to be villains and you care for them after seeing their situation. 

As for the film's visuals I thought, I thought the cinematography and direction were fantastic and really bring you into both worlds of the two families and has some nice visual elements that on a second viewing will enhance the experience of viewing the film. Moving onto the tone which offers a mix of compelling drama, suspenseful moments and even it's comedic parts that don't break the flow and feel natural to the film. I thought the soundtrack does a great job at hooking you in to the deeper and thought provoking scenes that the story provides. 

I give Parasite a score of 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment