Monday, August 12, 2019

Battleship Potemkin


Vintage Potemkin.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battleship_Potemkin#/media/File:Vintage_Potemkin.jpg

First off, we have the story which has a dramatized account of a great Russian naval mutiny and a resultant public demonstration, showing support, which brought on a police massacre. I thought the story was very interesting as I had no idea what to expect going nto the film. 

As for the film's visuals I thought, I thought the cinematography was very telling with some very striking images that left a lot of impact behind which added to the film. Moving onto the tone of the film which suited the style it was going for. I thought the soundtrack of the film worked very well and helped build the emotions that were seen on screen. 

I give Battleship Potemkin a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment