Friday, January 17, 2020

Weathering With You

Weathering with You Poster.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weathering_with_You#/media/File:Weathering_with_You_Poster.jpg

First off, we have the story which has a high-school boy who has run away to Tokyo befriends a girl who appears to be able to manipulate the weather. I thought the story was very enjoyable and the main weather concept really hooked me in as well as the relationship between the two leads. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought in terms of the voice acting brought across all the emotions needed for what Hina and Hodoka go through and the chemistry between them brings you in.  

As for the film's visuals I thought, I thought the cinematography was phenominal especially during the weather manipulation scenes. Additionally the way the film shows the scope of the weather during those scenes when it comes to colour makes a lot of scenes look like wallpaper screens. Moving onto the tone of the film which manged to convey the dramatic moments while also giving the romantic and funny parts time to shine to  care for the characters. I thought the soundtrack filled out the rest of the film nicely with the choices of tracks.

I give Weathering With You a score of 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment