Monday, June 25, 2018

Casablanca

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casablanca_(film)#/media/File:CasablancaPoster-Gold.jpg

For the seventh film of the month we have Casablanca

First off, we have the story which has a nightclub owner who helps protect an old flame of his and her husband from the Nazi's in the city of Casablanca, Morocco. I thought the story was very entertaining and I can see why this is one of the greatest films ever made.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very interesting as well as complex with Rick as you can see his development because of the relationship he had with Ilsa and how it changed him especially when she comes back into his life and the chemistry between the two shines through.

As for the film's visuals I thought they were outstanding and the way it used film noir with the use of light and shadow was excellent. I thought the location footage of Casablanca and the many sets around the city were good looking and it brought out what the time period in the city would have been like. Moving onto the tone of the film which I enjoyed as the way it used espionage and romance together to create a well-balanced tone. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very fitting and added to some of the more famous scene.

Overall, I thought this film was an entertaining one with a thrilling story and characters that carried that story well. This will be another of those films that I will revisit sometime in the future.

I give Casablanca a score of 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment