Tuesday, May 7, 2019

An Education


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Education#/media/File:Education_ver3.jpg

For the second film of the month we have An Education

First off, we have the story which has a coming-of-age story about a teenage girl in 1960s suburban London, and how her life changes with the arrival of a playboy nearly twice her age. I thought the story was very interesting and I enjoyed the direction it took for the main character. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were good in terms of acting and well realised especially Carey Mulligan as Jenny because of the way she was able to portray the character with her wants and aspirations and how her relationship with David affects her.  

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography was consistent and the setting of 1960's London as the main location was well realised to have the correct landscapes and features. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought realised the drama very well and made the decisions feel important. I thought the soundtrack of the film was ok and added to the setting of the film. 

I give An Education a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment