Monday, May 6, 2019

47 Ronin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/47_Ronin_(2013_film)#/media/File:47Ronin2012Poster.jpg

For the first film of the new month we have 47 Ronin

First off, we have the story which has a band of samurai set out to avenge the death and dishonor of their master at the hands of a ruthless shogun. I thought the story had a very interesting concept but dragged in places. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were ok in terms of acting and I enjoyed Keanu Reeves performance with the type of character he was playing however the rest of them you don't care for and the performances showed. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the effects used throughout were very good as well as the landscape footage of Japan and the colours used to give the film it's own style. Now we have the action which had some enjoyable sequences however some of the camerawork was questionable in places. Moving onto the tone of the film which managed to have the right of drama for the story to try  and make things interesting. I thought the soundtrack of the film was ok and suited the type of film it was.

I give 47 Ronin a score of 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment