Friday, May 24, 2019

The Producers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Producers_(2005_film)#/media/File:The_Producers_(2005).jpg

For the tenth film of the month we have The Producers

First off, we have the story which after putting together another Broadway flop, down-on-his-luck Producer Max Bialystock teams up with timid accountant Leo Bloom in a get-rich-quick scheme to put on the world's worst show. I thought the story was very entertaining and because I went in blind and because of where it decided to go it made it more enjoyable. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were great in terms of acting and brought their all into each individual character and the chemistry between the two main leads played by Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick was fun to see. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography throughout was very good and the production design for each musical number helped them to stand out from one another. Moving onto the tone of the film which I though got the comedy right and suited the style the film was going for. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very interesting because I never expected the songs to surprise me with how far they went.

I give The Producers a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment