Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Dirty Dancing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Dancing#/media/File:Dirty_Dancing.jpg

For the second film of the month we have Dirty Dancing 

First off, we have the story which follows Frances "Baby" Houseman and her family as they go on vacation to the Catskills where she meets a dance instructor who works there and she begins to fall for him. I thought the story was fun with some nice moments throughout.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought worked well with the film but the acting and chemistry between the characters was what made them work and made the story more entertaining.

As for the film's visuals I thought the ones for the dance sequences were the standouts and the choreography for the sequences was great. The cinematography in terms of lighting and camera shots was pretty good and worked well enough. Moving onto the tone of the film which I enjoyed and it fit with the film falling in the category of being a coming of age which worked this time around. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very good and one of the notable aspects about the film. 

Overall, I thought this film was an enjoyable film and I can see why it is one of the better coming of age movies as well as 80's movies.

I give Dirty Dancing  a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment