Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_of_the_Planet_of_the_Apes#/media/File:Rise_of_the_Planet_of_the_Apes_Poster.jpg

For the fifth film of the month we have Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes 

First off, we have the story which has a scientist named Will who becomes the of a chimp named Caesar who becomes exposed to a drug meant to cure Will's father Alzheimer's disease and soon gains intelligence and intellect which continues to grow. I thought the story was very good with the ethics taking centre stage which I found intriguing. With this being my first film related to Planet Of The Apes I thought it was an enjoyable one.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were really enjoyable with the main relationship between Will and Caesar was a great focus in order to build up the film as well as the future movies which further expand from the universe and seeing it start from this one relationship shows how far it the films have come.

Now we have the action which slowly built up as the film progressed and when it the apes started to get free and cause chaos it was very entertaining. As for the film's visuals I thought it looked really good with some outstanding shots placed throughout, I was also impressed with the CGI of so many of the apes with Caesar being the standout of course being the main focus. Moving onto the tone of the film which I enjoyed as Caesar began to gain more intelligence the suspense and fallout slowly built up as the film progressed which was interesting to see happen. I thought the soundtrack of the film did a great job at adding tension to the film as the plot progressed to the action. 

Overall, I thought this film was a very entertaining movie with some ethics that bring the film to life and should be thought about in real life when it comes to treatment of animals and I now look forward to the future movies after this one and I would watch this film again in the future.

I give Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment