Monday, July 30, 2018

Yes Man

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes_Man_(film)#/media/File:YesMan2008poster.jpg

For the penultimate film of the month we have Yes Man

First off, we have the story which has Carl a man struggling after a divorce learning how to embrace life again and say yes to what he can which leads him to a better life experience in many ways. I thought the story was very formulaic in terms of it's story beats and I thought the message that the film was trying to go for was an interesting one.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought in terms of the acting from most of the characters was very good with Carrey being the obvious standout and in terms of the characters themselves I thought some of them worked while others were generic for a comedy.

As for the film's visuals fit the style a comedy usually goes for being bright of places with comedy and darker when times got bad. Moving onto the tone of the film which managed to get a few laughs out of me at points throughout the film with some good jokes but also because of Carrey's performance at times. I thought the soundtrack of the film fit the time the film came out and the tracks were entertaining.

Overall, I thought this film was a mixed bag with an interesting plot idea and some of the comedy, Carrey as the lead role did very well but certain aspects lacked such as some of the supporting characters and visuals felt generic

I give Yes Man a score of 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment