Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Rush Hour

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_Hour_(1998_film)#/media/File:Rush_hour_ver2.jpg

For the sixth film of the month we have Rush Hour

First off, we have the story which has two cops who must rescue the daughter of a Chinese diplomat when she is kidnapped in Los Angeles and must rely on themselves when help doesn't come from their respective forces. I thought the story was very entertaining and the running time for the film helped to cut away any unnecessary parts the film have had.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very entertaining and compelling and the acting and chemistry between the two main characters of Carter and Lee as their relationship grows as they try to solve the case. 

I thought the action was choreographed very well and all the set pieces and and stunts brought life into the film a well as adding to the comedy. As for the film's visuals I thought besides the action having some good direction, the cinematography wasn't not bad but nothing standout. Moving onto the tone of the film which I enjoyed as it managed to balance the comedy as well as the action to create a good balance for the movie. I thought the soundtrack of the film had some really good tracks that fit the time and setting for both the action sequences as well as the comedic scenes between Tucker and Chan's characters.

Overall, I thought this film was a very enjoyable fun with some fun and exciting scenes and two characters who have great chemistry to carry the film and I would watch this film again at some-point.

I give Rush Hour a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment