Thursday, December 6, 2018

Amadeus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amadeus_(film)#/media/File:Amadeusmov.jpg

For the third film of the month we have Amadeus

First off, we have the story which has the life, success and troubles of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, as told by Antonio Salieri, the contemporary composer who was insanely jealous of Mozart's talent and claimed to have murdered him. I thought the story was very entertaining and I was surprised with how much I enjoyed it.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were all very well acted with main standout being Tom Hulce as Mozart as managed to bring a lot of life into the character that was very important to show and what layers he had.

As for the film's visuals I thought in terms of the production design was fantastic and captured the era and setting of the film very well. There was also the cinematography which additionally added to the film's style. Moving onto the tone of the film which managed to have a good amount of drama and a surprising amount of comedy thrown in. I thought the soundtrack of the film which was one of the best aspects about the film having music that was made during the time of the film and it was amazing to listen to.

Overall, I thought this film was a very enjoyable film with a surprising story and an interesting lead that managed to capture the life of living in the time period that Mozart was in. As well as having an excellent soundtrack and visuals.

I give Amadeus a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment