Saturday, December 8, 2018

Dangal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dangal_(film)#/media/File:Dangal_Poster.jpg

For the fifth film of the month we have Dangal

First off, we have the story which has former wrestler Mahavir Singh Phogat and his two wrestler daughters struggle towards glory at the Commonwealth Games in the face of societal oppression. I thought the story was very entertaining especially when it came towards the end as well as seeing the characters progress and age up.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were all very well acted and the chemistry between the family was shown off very well and you could see how much they all cared for one another.

As for the film's visuals I thought it had some very good cinematography with a consistent use of lighting and camera angles, especially during the wrestling scenes to add to the tension and weight of the fights. Now we have the action which i thought was very entertaining and thrilling and it integrated a sport I have never checked out before and when the matches came up you wanted the main leads to perform well. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought managed to give a mixture of good family drama as well as some good tension and action moments. I thought the soundtrack of the film was fantastic and gad some great tracks that fit the setting of the film and tense tracks when the tournaments came up.

Overall, I thought this film was a very enjoyable film with a heartfelt story and good characters and it was about a part of history I had never heard about before and it was good to learn something new from watching this film. 

I give Dangal a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment