Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Your Name


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Your_Name#/media/File:Your_Name_poster.png

For the second film of the month we have Your Name

First off, we have the story which has two strangers find themselves linked in a bizarre way. When a connection forms, will distance be the only thing to keep them apart? I thought the story was very enjoyable with some really touching but also funny moments throughout. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were great and very compelling and likeable which meant you cared for them and their relationship throughout the film with what they go through.

As for the film's visuals I thought they were one of the best parts about the film with some gorgeous looking animation that was crisp, clear and colourful and managed to add to backgrounds, character designs and the world design to build up the setting. Moving onto the tone of the film which i thought hit a good balance between comedy and drama very well and cranked up the drama at the right moments. I thought the soundtrack of the film was also fantastic working for the very emotional moments later on in the film. 

Overall, I thought this film was an excellent film from start to finish and is one of the best anime films I have seen throughout my time of watching anime and shows what they can bring to the table.

I give Your Name a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment