Saturday, December 29, 2018

The Royal Tenenbaums

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Royal_Tenenbaums#/media/File:The_Tenenbaums.jpg


For the fifteenth film of the month we have The Royal Tenenbaums

First off, we have the story which has the eccentric members of a dysfunctional family reluctantly gather under the same roof for various reasons. I thought the story was very enjoyable and the family drama was very compelling to see unfold.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very well acted and the chemistry between all the main characters of the Tenenbaum family was shown off well and all had their part to play. 

As for the film's visuals I thought were different and stylised and you can tell it is a Wes Anderson film because of his camera movements as well as the colouring that is used throughout the film. Moving onto the tone of the film which was both funny and heartfelt at times which worked for the family drama going on. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very good and suited the film's style.

Overall, I thought this film was a very enjoyable film from start to finish and another achievement for one of my favourite directors Wes Anderson continuing his run of great films that influence me. 

I give The Royal Tenenbaums a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment