Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Submarine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine_(2010_film)#/media/File:Submarine_poster.jpg


For the thirteenth film of the month we have Submarine

First off, we have the story which has 15-year-old Oliver Tate has two objectives: To lose his virginity before his next birthday, and to extinguish the flame between his mother and an ex-lover who has resurfaced in her life. I thought the story was very entertaining as well as having some heartfelt moments throughout. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were one of the best parts about the film both through the acting as well as the characters they were playing with the main standout being Craig Roberts as Oliver Tate who steals the show with his unique characteristics and dialogue. 

As for the film's visuals I thought was the both best part about the film with the way the camera is used to the use of certain colours and lighting techniques to give style and substance to the film. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought had a good mix of awkwardness but also some interesting drama and funny comedy. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very good and I liked the range of tracks used to add to the atmosphere.

Overall, I thought this film was fantastic film and having heard nothing about it and only a liking from one of my friends I wanted to check it out for myself and the result was a unique but also heartfelt in terms of the story and characters so you cared for them. 

I give Submarine a score of 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment