Saturday, December 15, 2018

Venom


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venom_(2018_film)#/media/File:Venom_(2018_film_poster).png

For the ninth film of the month we have Venom

First off, we have the story which has Eddie Brock acquiring the powers of a symbiote, he will have to release his alter-ego "Venom" to save his life. I thought the story was very enjoyable in parts and seeing how Venom would be done in a new film was interesting to see.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were in terms of acting very mixed with the main standout being Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock/Venom and their chemistry together was a standout part of the film. The rest of the cast ranged from average to bad such as the main villain. 

As for the film's visuals I thought were pretty lackluster with the CGi working in points but not always. Now we have the action which I thought was pretty good however the kills were lacking mostly because this wasn't higher rated film to show the kills. Moving onto the tone of the film which i thought felt very conflicting at parts which tries to use certain parts of comedy but also having action and small horror elements which makes it very confusing. I thought the soundtrack of the film wasn't that great and none of the tracks stood out to me.

Overall, I thought this film had both good and bad elements to it but I thought most of the good just outwayed the bad aspects and I ended up enjoying most of the film but definitly not an outstanding one. 

I give Venom a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment