Friday, August 9, 2019

The Thief Of Bagdad

The Thief of Bagdad (1924) - film poster.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thief_of_Bagdad_(1924_film)#/media/File:The_Thief_of_Bagdad_(1924)_-_film_poster.jpg

First off, we have the story which has a recalcitrant thief vies with a duplicitous Mongol ruler for the hand of a beautiful princess. I thought the story was very entertaining and I was surprised how quick it felt. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were good in terms of acting and most of the characters had a good purpose towards the story to keep it moving and interesting to watch. 

As for the film's visuals I thought, I thought the cinematography was very good especially in terms of the production design and sets which give a lot of life to the setting as well as the effects which fit well for the time. Moving onto the tone of the film which slowly built up into a silent epic. I thought the soundtrack of the film which worked well with the setting and setups to make the correct mood. 

I give The Thief Of Bagdad a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment