Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Dr. Mabuse The Gambler


Доктор Мабузо плакат Малевича.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Mabuse_the_Gambler#/media/File:Доктор_Мабузо_плакат_Малевича.jpg

First off, we have the story which has arch-criminal Dr. Mabuse sets out to make a fortune and run Berlin. Detective Wenk sets out to stop him. I thought the story had some interesting parts to it throughout although it definitely could have been cut down. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very interesting especially the lead character of Dr. Mabuse with his schemes and the way he attempts to pull them off with his disguises. 

As for the film's visuals I thought, I thought the cinematography was consistent and I liked the choices in camerawork and lighting for some of the sequences. Moving onto the tone of the film which had some very good suspense and intrigue as the film went on and as events built up. I thought the soundtrack of the film went well with the film and added to the mysteries going on throughout the story and I liked the choices of instruments used. 

I give Dr. Mabuse The Gambler a score of 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment