Tuesday, January 8, 2019

8 Mile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8_Mile_(film)#/media/File:Eight_mile_ver2.jpg


For the first film of the new month we have 8 Mile

First off, we have the story which has a young rapper, struggling with every aspect of his life, wants to make it big but his friends and foes make this odyssey of rap harder than it may seem. I thought the story was very enjoyable and the rap battles which were the best parts. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were well acted and the main character of Jimmy played by Eminem was the best part and you could care about his situation and his journey over the course of the film. 

As for the film's visuals I thought which managed to capture the life that the characters were going through and what they have to deal with. Moving onto the tone of the film which although took itself a bit too seriously it, the drama still worked throughout. I thought the soundtrack of the film which although rap isn't my preferred taste of music I thought the tracks were performed really well in my opinion. 

Overall, I thought this film was an enjoyable film that I wasn't sure if I was going to like at first when I started the film but as it progressed it started to grow on me and I ended up having a good time.

I give 8 Mile a score of 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment