Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Nerve

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerve_(2016_film)#/media/File:Nerve_2016_poster.png

For the thirteenth film of the month we have Nerve

First off, we have the story which has a high school senior finds herself immersed in an online game of truth or dare, where her every move starts to become manipulated by an anonymous community of "watchers." I thought the story was very entertaining as the stakes got raised because of the game. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were in terms of acting, really good and the chemistry between Vee played by Emma Roberts and Ian played by Dave Franco was there and it carried the film well as they got more involved with the game. 

As for the film's visuals I thought were really great and the neon colours added to the style of the film being very similar to the design of the game. The cinematography was impressive with some good camera positioning and lighting. Moving onto the tone of the film which i thought did a good job at escalating the drama with the dares while matching the fast pace of the story. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very good and matched the neon style that the visuals were going for. 

Overall, I thought this film was a very enjoyable thriller that surprised me with how much I enjoyed it after going into it with no expectations at all. The story and cast are great, the visuals are a sight to look at and a soundtrack that is good backing. 

I give Nerve a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment