Friday, January 18, 2019

Good Morning, Vietnam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Morning,_Vietnam#/media/File:Good_Morning,_Vietnam.jpg


For the eighth film of the month we have Good Morning, Vietnam

First off, we have the story which has an unorthodox and irreverent DJ named Adrian Cronauer begins to shake up things when he is assigned to the U.S. Armed Services radio station in Vietnam. I thought the story was very enjoyable and in some ways still relevant today. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were all consistent in their performances with the main standout being Robin Williams as Adrian Cronauer with the way he portrayed the character on the radio and away from the studio.

As for the film's visuals I thought they were very consistent and the location footage was shot very well. Moving onto the tone of the film which having both some funny comedy from Adrian Cronauer still managed to have some interesting drama dealing with the Vietnam war and the Army code. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very good having a mix of tracks that suit the radio. 

Overall, I thought this film was a very interesting film and as one of the few Robin Williams films I have actually seen I thought it was a very enjoyable one and I look forward to some of his other films. 

I give Good Morning, Vietnam a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment