Saturday, January 19, 2019

Inside Llewyn Davis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inside_Llewyn_Davis#/media/File:Inside_Llewyn_Davis_Poster.jpg

For the tenth film of the month we have Inside Llewyn Davis

First off, we have the story which has tells the week in the life of a young singer as he navigates the Greenwich Village folk scene of 1961. I thought the story was very enjoyable and you wanted to see Llewyn have one bright spark in his life. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were the best part about the film especially the titular character Llewyn Davis as he struggles through life and his music career and the performance by Oscar Isaac gave life to the character to bring that across. 

As for the film's visuals I thought were fantastic especially the drab and dull colouring which suit the time period of the film as well as the deeper representation of Llewyn's life and how bad it is. Moving onto the tone of the film which I found different as it doesn't go right for people sometimes and it was shown off here. I thought the soundtrack of the film which I really enjoyed with the use of folk music to add to the vibes the film was giving across and the music scenes were done well. 

Overall, I thought this film was a fantastic film from start to finish and having the focus of one man's struggles through life can be felt by people watching this film and they can relate in some way. Other than that it was brilliantly looking film with some surprisingly good music.

I give Inside Llewyn Davis a score of 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment