Monday, January 14, 2019

Donnie Darko

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donnie_Darko#/media/File:Donnie_Darko_poster.jpg

For the fifth film of the month we have Donnie Darko 

First off, we have the story which has a troubled teenager who is plagued by visions of a man in a large rabbit suit who manipulates him to commit a series of crimes, after he narrowly escapes a bizarre accident. I thought the story was very weird but in a way also memorising as it unfolded and got weirder. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were in terms of acting very good with the standout being Jake Gyllenhaal as Donnie as he becomes more troubled by his visions as well as his daily life. His interactions with the rabbit were some of the highlights of the film. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography helped to add to the immersion of the film with it's dark and surreal look to build the mystery up. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought was very interesting especially when things started to go out of control and it built up the suspense and intrigue throughout. I thought the soundtrack of the film was unique in it's own way and it somehow managed to work throughout the film's scenes. 

Overall, I thought this film was a very interesting one and one that managed to leave me silent after watching it as I had to process what I had just seen with it's surreal story, fantastic visuals, lead by a great actor in Jake Gyllenhaal 

I give Donnie Darko a score of 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment