Saturday, January 26, 2019

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Life_Aquatic_with_Steve_Zissou#/media/File:Lifeaquaticposter.jpg

For the fourteenth film of the month we have The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou 

First off, we have the story which has a plan to exact revenge on a mythical shark that killed his partner, Oceanographer Steve Zissou rallies a crew that includes his estranged wife, a journalist, and a man who may or may not be his son. I thought the story was very enjoyable with some fun moments throughout.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were unique and very interesting and all the actors gave their all to each character to give them a standout personality so you remembered them. 

As for the film's visuals I thought it was immaculately created and the colour scheme that was used gave the film it's identity as well as being different to the other Wes Anderson films I have seen. Moving onto the tone of the film which had the classic family drama that comes with a Wes Anderson film as well as the unusual comedy that works very well. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very good and different to all the other tracks of his other works. 

Overall, I thought this was another fine film from Wes Anderson and it shows that whatever setting he goes for he can pull another unique tale while still including his famous aspects and story telling beats and is why he is one of my favourite directors working today. 

I give The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment