Saturday, January 12, 2019

Brooklyn

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklyn_(film)#/media/File:Brooklyn_FilmPoster.jpg


For the third film of the month we have Brooklyn

First off, we have the story which has an Irish immigrant lands in 1950s Brooklyn, where she quickly falls into a romance with a local. When her past catches up with her, however, she must choose between two countries and the lives that exist within. I thought the story was very entertaining and the journey that Ellis went through was very compelling.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were in terms of acting superb with Saoirse Ronan being the standout as the main character with her journey to Brooklyn and how she grows from it. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography was very consistent throughout and the location footage for Brooklyn and Ireland helped to immersion into the settings of the film. Moving onto the tone of the film which had some very relate-able drama that people could relate to when moving to a different country. I thought the soundtrack of the film was good and worked well with the rest of the film. 

Overall, I thought this film was a very enjoyable one that is proving how good Saoirse Ronan is an actress after seeing her in Lady Bird and I am looking forward to seeing her in more films.

I give Brooklyn a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment