Saturday, November 17, 2018

The Hound Of The Baskervilles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hound_of_the_Baskervilles_(1959_film)#/media/File:The_Hound_of_the_Baskervilles_1959_poster.jpg

For the twentieth film of the month we have The Hound Of The Baskervilles

First off, we have the story which has a nobleman who is threatened by a family curse on his newly inherited estate, detective Sherlock Holmes is hired to investigate. I thought the story was very enjoyable as well as entertaining with this take on the famous story. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were in terms of the acting very good and seeing Peter Cushing's version of the famous detective was very interesting but not my favourite interpretation.  

As for the film's visuals I thought it looked superb with dark and creepy locations which were presented very well to add to the mystery of the moor and the cinematography with the lighting and camera proved that. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought was chilling and mysterious with the dark things going on at the moor. I thought the soundtrack of the film was good and helped to build the suspense of certain scenes throughout the film. 

Overall, I thought this film was very entertaining and seeing a different interpretation on a Sherlock Holmes story is always enjoyable to see with how they adapt things and what they change.

I give The Hound Of The Baskervilles a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment