Friday, November 16, 2018

The Fault In Our Stars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fault_in_Our_Stars_(film)#/media/File:The_Fault_in_Our_Stars_(Official_Film_Poster).png

For the eighteenth film of the month we have The Fault In Our Stars

First off, we have the story which has two teenage cancer patients begin a life-affirming journey to visit a reclusive author in Amsterdam. I thought the story was enjoyable in parts with some nice moments between the two leads.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were mixed in terms of character as between the two main leads it was Augustus who I felt for the most even though Hazel is the main focus of the story.

As for the film's visuals I thought were average with only the stuff in Amsterdam standing out with the cinematography. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought even though the film focused on a difficult subject there was still a balance of drama with good character moments to fill the story. I thought the soundtrack of the film was one of the best parts of the film with a mixture of emotional tracks to fit to the situations in the story.

Overall, I thought this film was enjoyable with the main relationship being the main focus to build the characters and relationship and some of the moments between them were funny, sad and hopeful because of their shared illnesses.

I give The Fault In Our Stars a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment