Sunday, November 25, 2018

Winchester '73


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_%2773#/media/File:Winchester_73_-_1950-_Poster.png

For the twenty-ninth film of the month we have Winchester '73

First off, we have the story which has the journey of a prized rifle from one ill-fated owner to another parallels a cowboy's search for a murderous fugitive. I thought the story was enjoyable and how the riffle went from one person to another was interesting.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were in terms of acting pretty good and the characters they played worked for the type of story it went for with James Stewart giving a great performance.

As for the film's visuals I thought it looked good as well as having some consistent cinematography throughout with some good camera positioning and movement. Now we have the action which I thought was entertaining especially the shooting competition at the beginning and the final shootout at the end. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought did a good job at capturing the revenge plot that usual can be found in these types of films. I thought the soundtrack of the film when used was ok at best but nothing stood out for me. 

Overall, I thought this film was a very enjoyable film with an interesting story behind it that kept me intrigued by the end to see how everything would come together and the cast managed to do a good job at the types that their characters were playing.

I give Winchester '73 a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment