Saturday, November 24, 2018

True Grit (1969)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Grit_(1969_film)#/media/File:Truegritposter.jpg

For the twenty-seventh film of the month we have True Grit (1969)

First off, we have the story which has a drunken, hard-nosed U.S. Marshal and a Texas Ranger help a stubborn teenager track down her father's murderer in Indian territory. I thought the story was entertaining with a good script behind it.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were mixed in terms of the main stars with John Wayne giving a fantastic job as Rooster" Cogburn with the type of person he was then you had Kim Darby as Mattie Ross who as the main character has the focus unfortunately felt wooden with how she played the teen out for revenge. Finally you have Glen Campbell as La Boeuf who felt like the third wheel of the trio.

As for the film's visuals I thought had some great cinematography in terms of the sweeping camera shots and locations they used and the lighting and camera positioning added to the experience of the adventurous Western. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought had a great sense of adventure and drama that the characters had to face on the journey. I thought the soundtrack of the film was good and fit the style and genre the film was going for.

Overall, I thought this film was an entertaining film that kept me hooked throughout with an interesting story and some good characters to keep it going and the chemistry between them was great.

I give True Grit (1969) a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment