Saturday, November 24, 2018

True Grit (2010)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Grit_(2010_film)#/media/File:True_Grit_Poster.jpg

For the twenty-eighth film of the month we have True Grit (2010)

First off, we have the story which has a stubborn teenager enlists the help of a tough U.S. Marshal to track down her father's murderer. I thought the story was very entertaining especially to see how this version was changed from the original

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were all very good in terms of acting and character and all of them managed to have their place in the story instead of one lagging behind like the original and all the main cast did a great job.

As for the film's visuals I thought it looked very good with some nice scenery shots as well as the cinematography being up to par with the camera positioning and lighting they went for. Now we have the action which I thought was entertaining to watch as well as being shot very well. Moving onto the tone of the film which I enjoyed as it took a more darker twist but still had the sense of Western film. I thought the soundtrack of the film was pretty good and added to the atmosphere of the film.

Overall, I thought this film was a very entertaining film especially to see what changes were made to the original film and although changes were made some good, some not so, I believe that I prefer the original film.

I give True Grit (2010) a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment