Saturday, November 17, 2018

The Karate Kid

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Karate_Kid#/media/File:Karate_kid.jpg

For the twenty-first film of the month we have The Karate Kid 

First off, we have the story which has a martial arts master agrees to teach karate to a bullied teenager. I thought the story was very enjoyable and the script behind it helped build the characters and relationships so they could grow and develop. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were one of the best parts about the film with the bond between Mr Miyagi and Daniel who is going through a difficult time in his life until he meets Mr Miyagi who helps him by teaching him life skills. 

As for the film's visuals I thought it looked great with some very nice looking cinematography throughout and the action was shot well to add to the pacing and toughness of the sport. Now we have the action which in terms of the karate fights was entertaining and to see Daniel progress with his teachings was good to see. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought managed to balance the drama, comedy and action to build up the most important parts of the film. I thought the soundtrack of the film which I thought captured the time the film came out very well also using some good classic Japanese music when needed.

Overall, I thought this film was very entertaining and I really enjoyed it after hearing about what the film was like and the characters in it and I was presently surprised on how good it was with it's teachings.

I give The Karate Kid  a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment