Monday, November 26, 2018

3:10 To Yuma (2007)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3:10_to_Yuma_(2007_film)#/media/File:310_to_Yuma_(2007_film).jpg

For the thirty-first film of the month we have 3:10 To Yuma (2007)

First off, we have the story which has a small-time rancher agrees to hold a captured outlaw who's awaiting a train to go to court in Yuma. A battle of wills ensues as the outlaw tries to psych out the rancher. I thought the story was very enjoyable especially with what elements were changed from the original film I saw the other day.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were in terms of acting very good with the main leads working off each other very well and managed to give their own take on the same characters from the original to differentiate themselves.  

As for the film's visuals I thought the look of the film was one of the best parts about it with it's gritty and dark cinematography to match the films style and themes running over the course of the story. Now we have the action which I thought was enjoyable with some decent sequences throughout. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought did a good job at building the tension and drama of the story. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very good and worked for the suspenseful scenes throughout the film.

Overall, I thought this film was a very enjoyable film and between the two films I would take the original one because of the tension and better chemistry between the main leads even though this film did a good job at capturing some of the elements used in the original to make it it's own version.

I give 3:10 To Yuma (2007) a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment