Friday, November 23, 2018

Tombstone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tombstone_(film)#/media/File:Tombstoneposter.jpeg

For the twenty-sixth film of the month we have Tombstone

First off, we have the story which has a successful lawman's plans to retire anonymously in Tombstone, Arizona, are disrupted by the kind of outlaws he was famous for eliminating. I thought the story was very entertaining from start to finish with some great moments throughout.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were in terms of acting fantastic from all the main players and gave life into their individual characters with the main standouts being Kurt Russell as Wyatt Earp and Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday.

As for the film's visuals I thought it had some excellent cinematography in terms of the lighting and camera movement/placements showing off all the vast scenery as well as the dangers of Tombstone. Now we have the action which I thought was very entertaining and thrilling with the fights that escalate the war between the lawmen and the cowboys from street fights to personal fights. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought had a great amount of drama that added to the interesting story that was being played out. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very good having tracks that built up the tension that was rising throughout the course of the story as well as the emotional parts of the film.

Overall, I thought this film was another fantastic Western film but I like the biographical aspect to the film having events that happened to these characters and added another layer to the film.

I give Tombstone a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment