Sunday, November 11, 2018

The Babadook

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Babadook#/media/File:The-Babadook-Poster.jpg

For the fourteenth film of the month we have The Babadook

First off, we have the story which has a widowed mother, plagued by the violent death of her husband, battles with her son's fear of a monster lurking in the house, but soon discovers a sinister presence all around her. I thought the story was both entertaining and chilling with every moment adding to the ever increasing dark storytelling. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought in terms of the acting were terrific especially by Essie Davies as Amelia ash she slowly loses her sanity because of the mysterious going's on. Then there was the actor who plays Samuel and at first you think is annoying but as the film goes on you become sympathetic towards his situation.

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography of it was fantastic with a great use of lighting, shadows, camera positioning and movement to make the experience more scarier and chilling. Moving onto the tone of the film which didn't shy away from being creepy or dark with it's imagery and themes which made it ever more interesting and freaky at the same time. I thought the soundtrack of the film was great and added to the dark moments and the use of sound effects was fantastic.

Overall, I thought this film was a thrilling experience to watch from beginning to end and i was hooked from minute one and before watching this I had low expectations for it but it proved me wrong and this is one of the best horror films I have seen.  

I give The The Babadook a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment