Thursday, November 22, 2018

The Searchers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Searchers#/media/File:SearchersPoster-BillGold.jpg

For the twenty-fifth film of the month we have The Searchers

First off, we have the story which has an American Civil War veteran embarks on a journey to rescue his niece from the Comanches. I thought the story was very entertaining and the long journey of revenge and rescue was very entertaining to see unfold.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were well acted throughout from the main cast to the supporting characters with the standout being John Wayne as Ethan Edwards who is determined to get his nieces back when they are taken away. 

As for the film's visuals I thought  it was one of the best parts about the film which helped create the world and to make it vibrant and deadly with some sweepng camera shots and some fantastic cinematography in terms of lighting and camera movement. Now we have the action which I thought was thrilling and entertaining to watch from the chase sequences to the gunfights. Moving onto the tone of the film which I believe did a great job at creating a backdrop that was dangerous as well as a difficult place to live with all the types of people who roam the lands. I thought the soundtrack of the film which I thought managed to capture the epicness and grand scale of adventure throughout with many tracks that captured the Western setting.

Overall, I thought this film was on one of the best westerns I have seen and I can why it is so popular with a great story and main lead as well as some thrilling action and fantastic visuals and finally rounded out by a great soundtrack.

I give The Searchers a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment