Sunday, November 11, 2018

The Aviator

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Aviator_(2004_film)#/media/File:The_Aviator_(2004).png

For the thirteenth film of the month we have The Aviator

First off, we have the story which has a biopic depicting the early years of legendary Director and aviator Howard Hughes' career from the late 1920s to the mid 1940s. I thought the story was very entertaining of how one man went from a film producer to working in aviation. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were fantastically acted and the way Leonardo DiCaprio as Howard Hughes portrayed the character at his high points as well as his low points especially with the character's OCD which worsens as the film goes on. The rest of the cast filled out the story well to build the world and interact with Hughes.

As for the film's visuals I thought in parts of the film the look was very interesting particularly through the choice of colour in certain scenes which gave the film a unique style. The cinematography in terms of the camera angles and positioning was also great and liked the look of the film. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought did a great job at building the drama that came about over the course of the story. I thought the soundtrack of the film

Overall, I thought this film was very enjoyable with the highs and lows of a very interesting man and what he brought to the time and what he thought was the future of flying. This shows that out of the films I have seen of his Martin Scorsese continues to impress me with some thing different then his usual crime and gang films while still having his own style throughout. 

I give The Aviator a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment