Saturday, September 1, 2018

Rear Window

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rear_Window#/media/File:Rear_Window_film_poster.png

For the first film of the new month we have Rear Window

First off, we have the story which has a wheel-char bound photographer who believes one of the neighbours he spies on has committed murder. I thought the story was very entertaining as well as thrilling and the thrills are built up over the course of the story to put you on the edge of your seat.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were really interesting and the acting was very good with James Stewart as Jeffries who is the main focus of the film as he is the firs one to have suspicions on his neighbour as well as Grace Kelly as his interest Lisa who also did a fine job with the secondary cast filling the rest of the film nicely. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography really stood out to make this a masterful looking film though it's camera movement and it's size as it allowed you to focus on the most important parts of the film being what Jeffries sees through his camera. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought built the mystery throughout the film very well to keep the intrigue going. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very classic and suited the film very well. 

Overall, I thought this film was an excellent film and makes another Alfred Hitchcock film I have see and I look forward to watching more his filmography and get a better knowledge of his films.

I give Rear Window a score of 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment