Saturday, April 20, 2019

Eyes Wide Shut


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyes_Wide_Shut#/media/File:Eyes_Wide_Shut_(1999).png

For the thirtieth film of the month we have Eyes Wide Shut

First off, we have the story which has a New York City doctor embarks on a harrowing, night-long odyssey of sexual and moral discovery after his wife reveals a painful secret to him. I thought the story was captivating because of the themes it chose to focus on. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were well acted and interesting to see on screen and I thought Tom Cruise gave a good performance throughout. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography was great with the choices in camerawork and lighting to create it's striking visual style that draws you in. Moving onto the tone of the film which kept the tension and suspense over the course of the story consistent. I thought the soundtrack of the film suited the film and I liked some of the track choices.

Overall, I thought this film was very entertaining and as Stanley Kubrick's last film I thought it was daring and risque but managed to pull it off with the way it draws you in with it's story and themes choices.

I give Eyes Wide Shut a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment