Saturday, October 27, 2018

Free Fire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Fire#/media/File:Free_Fire.png

For the eighteenth film of the month we have Free Fire

First off, we have the story which has a meeting in a deserted warehouse between two gangs turn into a shootout and a game of survival. I thought the story was entertaining in a lot of sequences especially when everything starts to go wrong for everyone. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought for the most part were pretty good with the acting overall standing out to make it more entertaining with the delivery of the script but some of the characters themselves didn't work for me. 

As for the film's visuals I thought it was very good looking in terms of it's cinematography and the way the action was done was very unique to make it seem it was all done handheld and the one location setting worked well with this type of film. Now we have the action which for the most part was entertaining although you have to keep checks on who fires who and who is on each side so you don't get confused throughout. Moving onto the tone of the film which managed to mix comedy and action pretty well and some the comedy worked and some if it didn't. I thought the soundtrack of the film suited the setting and style the film was going for. 

Overall, I thought this film was an enjoyable film that entertained me through it's run-time with a fun story and characters that made it all work with the action and tone being the main standouts.

I give Free Fire a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment