Sunday, October 14, 2018

Sherlock Holmes In Washington

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock_Holmes_in_Washington#/media/File:Sherlock_holmes_in_washington.jpg

For the fifth film of the month we have Sherlock Holmes In Washington 

First off, we have the story which has Sherlock and Watson as they travel to Washington D.C. in order to prevent a secret document from falling into enemy hands. I thought the story was somewhat enjoyable with some decent intrigue throughout.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were although lacking in terms of secondary characters, the main cast still did a fine job with what they had to give some decent performances. 

As for the film's visuals I thought lost the atmospheric and dark setting was lost in favour of a action packed looking film which worked in some cases but not all of the time. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought captured the essence of a spy film pretty well to give the film's it's identity. I thought the soundtrack of the film was pretty much bog standard with nothing spectacular standing out.

Overall, I thought this film was pretty average although I prefer the darker and atmospheric Sherlock films although I applaud it for trying something different than the past films could work for other people.

I give Sherlock Holmes In Washington a score of 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment