Wednesday, October 17, 2018

The Scarlet Claw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scarlet_Claw#/media/File:Scarletclaw.jpg

For the eighth film of the month we have The Scarlet Claw

First off, we have the story which has a gentlewoman who is found dead with her throat torn out, the villagers blame a supernatural monster. But Sherlock Holmes, who gets drawn into the case from nearby Quebec, suspects a human murderer. I thought the story was very interesting with a good mystery behind it to solve.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very good in terms of acting with Holmes and Watson perusing the mystery. The rest of the cast added to the film quiet well and kept the mystery going.

As for the film's visuals I thought the setting was really interesting and main location of the marsh was creepy and atmospheric that added to the film well. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought did a great job at setting up the mystery and location to make it creepy and intriguing. I thought the soundtrack of the film did a good job of adding to the suspense and mystery being presented. 

Overall, I thought this film was another entertaining Sherlock Holmes film and shows how good a classic mystery film can be and was kept hooked throughout from beginning to end. 

I give The Scarlet Claw a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment