Sunday, October 14, 2018

Sherlock Holmes And The Secret Weapon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock_Holmes_and_the_Secret_Weapon#/media/File:Sherlock_Holmes_and_the_Secret_Weapon_-_1943_-_Poster.png

For the fourth film of the month we have Sherlock Holmes And The Secret Weapon

First off, we have the story which has Sherlock and Watson who have to protect a Swiss inventor of an advanced bomb sight from falling into German hands. I thought the story was very entertaining with the mystery being very compelling to see it unfolded. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were in terms of acting very good with Holmes standing out once again especially when he has to go in disguise a few times which shows how good Basil Rathbone as Sherlock is. 

As for the film's visuals I thought had a dark look to it that added to the setting and locations the film went for in this film. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought was consistent throughout of the past films to build the mystery and suspense of the story which was done well. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very good and it built the tension and pacing over the course of the film to add to the entertainment. 

Overall, I thought this film was a very entertaining film through it's story and tone and is my current favourite of the ones I have seen so far but there are still plenty of films in the franchise left so that could change in the future.

I give Sherlock Holmes And The Secret Weapon a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment