Tuesday, October 30, 2018

The Master

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Master_(2012_film)#/media/File:TheMaster2012Poster.jpg

For the penultimate film of the month we have The Master 

First off, we have the story which has a Naval veteran arrives home from war unsettled and uncertain of his future - until he is tantalised by The Cause and its charismatic leader. I thought the story was very entertaining and was entranced by the subject matter. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were excellent and both main performances were captivating and their chemistry with one another carried the plot very well. 

As for the film's visuals I thought they were impeccable both in terms of it's cinematography and the way the camera was moved and framed to give the film it's own style and feel that I really enjoyed. Moving onto the tone of the film which was one of the best parts about it as throughout the course of the film there was a heavy uneasiness casting a shadow over everything. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very interesting as it added a mystery and a kind of chilling atmosphere to film because of the subject matter it was focusing on. 

Overall, I thought this film was an excellent film that I was looking forward to seeing before hand and it reached my expectations with ease with it's entrancing story and main leads that give the film it's depth and one film I would watch again. 

I give The Master a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment