Friday, October 19, 2018

The Pearl Of Death

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pearl_of_Death#/media/File:The_Pearl_of_Death_-_1944_-_Poster.png

For the ninth film of the month we have The Pearl Of Death

First off, we have the story which has a valuable pearl with a sinister reputation is stolen, Sherlock Holmes must investigate its link to a series of brutal murders. I thought the story was very enjoyable with a fun mystery to solve.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were good in terms of acting like all the previous films with Holmes and Watson on the chase in another mystery. The secondary cast was also pretty good to add to the film's mystery. 

As for the film's visuals I thought they were very consistent throughout in terms of the cinematography with some decent lighting and camera positions. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought was built well as well the pacing which has been a consistent thing throughout all the films in the series. I thought the soundtrack of the film when used was ok at best to add to the film.

Overall, I thought this film was an enjoyable film with some very interesting moments in it and shows how well these films can include the crime aspect and mix it well with the mystery feel to make it entertaining.

I give The Pearl Of Death a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment