Tuesday, October 16, 2018

The Spider Woman

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spider_Woman#/media/File:Spider_Woman_movie_1944.JPG

For the seventh film of the month we have The Spider Woman

First off, we have the story which has Sherlock Holmes investigate a series of so-called "pjama suicides". He knows the female villain behind them is as cunning as Moriarty and as venomous as a spider. I thought the story was enjoyable with a very interesting idea behind it. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were pretty good in this with the main standouts being Holmes and Watson but also the person behind the mystery who's interactions with Holmes I liked. 

As for the film's visuals I thought were consistent throughout which was good enough for the film. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought was done very well and the mystery was good to figure out what was going on and how it was carried out. I thought the soundtrack of the film was nothing special and none of the tracks stood out well enough.

Overall, I thought this film was an enjoyable film with some interesting things behind it and some twists that are to be expected and you can tell how easy it is to pull this type of Sherlock Holmes film. 

I give The Spider Woman a score of 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment