Friday, October 19, 2018

The House Of Fear

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_House_of_Fear_(1945_film)#/media/File:Sherlock_Holmes_and_the_House_of_Fear_-_1945_-_Poster.png

For the tenth film of the month we have The House Of Fear

First off, we have the story which has Sherlock Holmes investigates a series of deaths at a castle with each foretold by the delivery of orange pips to the victims. I thought the story was very entertaining and the mystery was very intriguing and enjoyed trying to solve.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were all very suspicious and added to the mystery very well and all made convincing suspects as you figured out how everything fit together with Holmes and Watson trying to solve it.

As for the film's visuals I thought did really well at setting up the location of the main mystery and the type of setting that was used the type of story the film wanted to tell. The cinematography created dark shadows and with the lighting made a good looking film. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought was very atmospheric and with the mystery it created a sense of dread. I thought the soundtrack of the film was great and added to the atmosphere of the film.

Overall, I thought this film was  fantastic and provided some good entertainment through it's story and mystery it brought forth and one of the few I enjoyed attempting to solve all the way through.

I give The House Of Fear a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment