Wednesday, October 31, 2018

The Evil Dead

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Evil_Dead#/media/File:Evil_dead_ver1.jpg

For the final film of the month we have The Evil Dead

First off, we have the story which has five friends travel to a cabin in the woods, where they unknowingly release flesh-possessing demons. I thought the story was very entertaining which was surprising because the horror genre isn't usually for me.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were in terms of acting - pretty good but most of the characters were pretty forgettable besides Ash played by Bruce Campbell who stood out the most.

As for the film's visuals I thought were very good and there were some clever uses of the camera and lighting throughout to give the horror feel and make some of the scenes harder to watch. Moving onto the tone of the film which I found to be more creepy than horrific messed up things that were going on that were experienced by the characters. I thought the soundtrack of the film which added to the dark and eerie atmosphere of the film and all of the weird events that happened over the course of the film. 

Overall, I thought this film was a surprising but enjoyable horror film that hit all the right notes for me and I was really creeped out by the end of it however I am still very cautious of them before seeking them out.

I give The Evil Dead a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment