Sunday, October 7, 2018

The Hound Of The Baskervilles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hound_of_the_Baskervilles_(1939_film)#/media/File:The_Hound_of_the_Baskervilles_-_1939-_Poster.png

For the first film of the new month we have The Hound Of The Baskervilles 

First off, we have the story which has Sherlock and Watson investigate the legend of a supernatural hound that may be stalking a young heir on the fog-shrouded moorland that makes up his estate. I thought the story was very entertaining as the mystery built up over the course of the film. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very well acted and I liked the interpretation of Sherlock Holmes by Basil Rathbone who's version of the character I have been intrigued in for some time and his chemistry with Watson was very good.

As for the film's visuals I thought it had some interesting cinematography with some good uses of lighting and shadows to add to the setting and mystery. Moving onto the tone of the film which managed to capture the uneasy feeling of the setting as well as the situation to build up the mystery of the film. I thought the soundtrack of the film which through the use of the sound effects built the atmosphere very well especially the sound of the distant howl of an animal.

Overall, I thought this film was a very enjoyable one that showed me another version of the Sherlock Holmes character that I've been waiting to see for some time and the first of many films with Basil Rathbone it didn't disappoint and I look forward to more.

I give The Hound Of The Baskervilles a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment